Last week I presented at the inaugural European Public Affairs Summit on digital public affairs. What was billed as a workshop quickly became an empassioned plea for more consideration of the use of digital tools in Brussels based public affairs.
Thanks in any case to all those souls who attended, engaged in questions and answers and gave feedback to me or other FHers. All much appreciated. Any questions that have arisen since, please feel free to post in the comments section and we shall do our best to answer.
In the session, I promised that I would upload the presentation on the blog, instead I put it on SlideShare. You can find it at this link:Digital Tools in Public Affairs Presentation
For those not at the event, I apologise that reading the presentation makes little sense without me speaking to it. It is also not the most beautiful presentation ever created. This said, please check out the article I wrote that sums up in prose some of what I said in person. Alternatively, pass by for a coffee if you are in the area.
The links to the sites referred to during the discussions.
US introductory bit:
- Obama website
- Obama transition website
- Fight the Smears website
- Design for Obama – more chances to see visually creative works
- Our own post on the “Yes we can” pop video
- TubeMogul – extremely useful tool for uploading and tracking videos online across platforms
Statistics on internet usage:
- European Commission figures on EU Member States
- Post and link to FH Digital survey on the power of the internet in Europe
- Our post on recent Ofcom survey on communications environment in UK and key European markets and link to the report itself
- Technorati State of the Blogosphere 2008
- Survey on social media by Universal McCann
European Union references:
Tools for tracking:
- Our post on grassroots in Brussels
- enviro.aero campaign about aviation and climate change on Twitter
- Pesticides Information – revision of Directive 91/414 – and an interview with the great lady behind it
- Award winning oneseat.eu campaign, our post (1) and post (2)
- Vattenfall campaign post and link
- 50/50 Campaign post and link
- Quadrature du Net post and link
Find Out More
February 8, 2024
November 27, 2023