Summer Intern, Financial Services Public Affairs Consultancy, paid internship, Brussels
ABOUT THE JOB
FleishmanHillard’s Brussels office is seeking a summer intern to support its Financial Services practice.
FleishmanHillard in Brussels is Europe’s leading EU public affairs and communications consultancy. We have an excellent track record of advising blue chip clients as they navigate regulatory, political and policy issues of substantial commercial and societal significance. Our approach hinges on close partnership, offering deep expertise and applying insight as well as creativity to our clients’ issues.
Within our Brussels office, our Financial Services team consists of over 40 full-time consultants advising over 40 clients spanning banks, investors, insurance companies, market infrastructures, data and payments providers, Fintechs, corporates and credit rating agencies. Specifically, we advise these clients on the implications of legislative and other policy developments for their organisations, and develop advocacy strategies that help them meet their objectives and enhance their positioning.
- 10 to 12 weeks paid stage
- Starting date: June or July
What you will do
- You will assist in the implementation of public affairs programmes for market-leading global accounts
- You will, based on your daily monitoring of relevant information resources and reporting on key developments, assist with preparing draft reports, presentations and issue analysis relevant to our clients.
Who you are
- You are a graduate student currently at university in courses such as political science or business where there is a strong European focus
- You have good knowledge of EU policymaking and a true interest in economics or financial services
- You have a “can-do” approach to life and the ability to produce work to high standard, including detail-orientedness
- You are interested in the politics, policy and people of the European Union and how it impacts the business environment
- You have excellent computer and internet research skills: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, knowledge of EU institutional websites
- You manage multiple issues and deadlines
- You have excellent oral and written communication in English. This is a must; fluency in one or more other languages is a plus
- You are committed to the highest standards of service delivery
- You are a dynamic, supportive, collaborative and willing team player
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK FOR US
Our Brussels’ FleishmanHillard team epitomises the best of Brussels in every way. With more than 20 nationalities and a huge variety of backgrounds, experience and skills, it’s a melting pot of energy, accuracy and creativity. The Financial Services Team makes up a big part of that. We’re a modern, hybrid workforce, based in Brussels and further afield, but we’re friends first and work colleagues second – and that culture is vital to our future.
You will be excited by the thought of
- An exciting consultant internship job in a dynamic firm that’s part of an international network
- Having responsibilities of your own and objectives to deliver
- Continuous learning
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At FleishmanHillard Brussels, we value individuals for who they are, as they are. We are passionate about nurturing an inclusive environment characterised by mutual respect and understanding. FleishmanHillard Brussels is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. Our selection process reflects our commitments to equality of chances. Please let us know if you need any adjustments made during the interview process.
Development and Engagement
- You will get a smooth start by joining our 2 week-long Induction programme to learn about our office, global network, and teams.
- With an average of 93% overall office engagement, month after month, you will be part of an office that values its team members and their well-being.
A flexible hybrid working model
We encourage flexible working across three core dimensions: work from office, work from home and external events and meetings.
- Our modern and sustainable office in the heart of Brussels will always be our central meeting point and should drive collaboration, information exchange and collegiality. And yes, there are free fruit, coffee & drinks in the office.
- Event attendance to both gather intelligence and build a network is at the core of our business, as is face to face client interaction.
- Outside of work from office and external event and meeting attendance, you have the flexibility to work from home if you choose.
You want to work on public affairs and communications campaigns, and work in close partnership with clients as a trusted advisor? Then apply now by sending your CV and completing the questionnaire in the application form.