FleishmanHillard’s Brussels office has an immediate opening for an energetic public affairs professional in the field of Energy and Climate interested in circular economy and sustainable agenda with a minimum of 3 years relevant working experience in European policy issues.
FleishmanHillard in Brussels is Europe’s leading EU public affairs and communications consultancy. We have an excellent track record of advising global corporations, trade associations and governments as they navigate regulatory, political and policy issues of substantial commercial and societal significance. Our approach hinges on close partnership, offering deep expertise and applying insight as well as creativity to our clients’ issues.
The European Green Deal is one of the most dynamic, exciting and important policy pillars of the EU today. FH’s Energy and Climate team works with clients from across the economy, from large energy companies to financial institutions and tier one tech companies. We help them understand how the climate emergency will drive changes to their organisations, and how they can help deliver net-zero. We further develop and deliver innovative, pan-European advocacy and communication campaigns, with a firm commitment to strengthening and speeding up the climate transition.
We are looking for a public affairs and communications professional with 3 – 4 years of relevant expertise in the Energy & Climate sector, to join our expanding team. The Consultant will direct a number of public affairs and communications campaigns (with a main focus on Fit for 55 files), and work in close partnership with clients as a trusted advisor. As a member of our practice, the Consultant will contribute to wider management activity including business development and pitching, as well as people management.
Experience and skills required
Candidates will have 3 – 4 years of working experience relating to EU level energy and climate policy or a linked area (circular economy/sustainable agenda). This experience should ideally be acquired working with the EU institutions, in-house or through a consultancy firm.
The successful candidate will have:
- An excellent understanding of the EU institutions and political dynamics
- Strong business acumen and appreciation of the commercial impact of policy decisions
- A good understanding of / network within the energy industry
- Excellent capability as an advisor, including first class communication and writing skills
- An entrepreneurial approach to client servicing and business development
- Ability to solve problems and exercise excellent judgment with the ability to think ‘outside of the box.’
- Understanding of agency financials and experience budgeting projects.
- Manage and direct a number of public affairs and communications programs
- Formulate successful, influential public affairs campaign and stakeholder communications strategies
- Dynamic team player and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to offer high-level advice on the spot
Our philosophy hinges on supportive team working and we look for individuals who are motived by the opportunity to be part of a market-leading, high caliber and culturally rich group. FleishmanHillard’s reputation for quality, creativity, and results is the foundation of our distinguished status in the industry.