FleishmanHillard’s Brussels office is seeking a consultant to support its Reputation and Integrated Communications practice.
FleishmanHillard in Brussels is Europe’s leading EU public affairs and communications consultancy. We have an excellent track record of advising blue chip clients as they navigate regulatory, political and policy issues of substantial commercial and societal significance.
We advise our clients on the implications of legislative and other policy developments for their organisations, and develop strategies that help them meet their objectives and enhance their positioning. Our approach hinges on close partnership, offering deep expertise and applying insight as well as creativity to our clients’ issues.
We are looking for a consultant to join our 15 person strong Reputation and Integrated Communications team working on communications strategies aiming to raise our clients’ profile, engage on social media and with traditional media, shape and disseminate their messages and leverage their different communications channels targeting the EU policymakers and stakeholders ecosystem. There will also be an opportunity to work more broadly on multi – market campaigning.
As a social media expert in the team you will work with account teams and directly with clients, you will be a confident advisor and help to shape and implement client campaigns. The team is looking for someone who is passionate about integrated digital and social campaigns, and crafting informed media plans, optimizing strategies and preferably a knowledge of search engine optimization. You will have a strong grasping of engagement on LinkedIn and Twitter with a good experience in copywriting, targeting audiences, planning distribution and running paid campaigns on social media.
- Candidates will have a first-hand working experience relating to communications. This experience should ideally be acquired working with an agency role, NGO. EU institutions, EU trade associations or in-house.
Skills & Competencies required
- 3+ years experience.
- Good understanding or interest in EU policymaking.
- Good understanding of media and social media landscape in Europe.
- Experience in managing budgets including multiple channels and audiences.
- Ability to quickly spot patterns and surface actionable insights; separate signal from noise.
- Experience writing clear and concise presentations for client summarizing data insights, outcomes and implications in a straightforward and enlightening way.
- Experience in third-party paid social platforms, including the ability to build unique audience groups and use cross-platform insights to enhance campaign performance.
- Experience with web analytics packages such as Google Analytics.
- Comfortable providing and talking to paid campaign performance reports.
- Understanding of SEO principles and the content development process including optimisation.
- Ability to work under strict timelines and work pressure.
- Good communication skills with a flexible/adaptable approach.
- Being an accountable leader in responsibility in terms of quality of work, the right team and bringing in senior support as required.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team, collaborating from concept to final delivery of a project.
- You’ll be able to talk about your work and thinking with confidence in front of both your teammates as well as clients.
- You’ll have a positive, can-do attitude: you like to push boundaries as well.