FleishmanHillard’s Brussels office is seeking a graduate intern to support its Environment & Chemicals practice.
FleishmanHillard in Brussels is Europe’s leading EU public affairs and communications consultancy. We have an excellent track record of advising blue chip clients as they navigate regulatory, political and policy issues of substantial commercial and societal significance.
We advise our clients on the implications of legislative and other policy developments for their organisations, and develop advocacy strategies that help them meet their objectives and enhance their positioning. Our approach hinges on close partnership, offering deep expertise and applying insight as well as creativity to our clients’ issues.
We are looking for a Graduate intern with an interest to work in the environment & chemicals policy field, to join this established practice and gain professional experience in EU public affairs.
The successful candidate will assist in the implementation of public affairs programmes for market-leading global accounts. Based on his/her daily monitoring of relevant information sources and reporting on key developments, he/she will assist with preparing draft reports, presentations and issue analysis relevant to our clients.
- 6-month paid internship
- Starting date: asap
- We are considering graduate students currently doing their master at university in courses such as political science or business where there is a strong European focus
- Good understanding of EU policymaking and a true interest in environment / chemicals sector
Skills & Competencies required
- Basic understanding of environment / chemicals sector and of policy issues most impacting that sector
- Excellent oral and written communication in English is a must; fluency in one or more other languages is a plus
- Commitment to the highest standards of service delivery
- Ability to manage multiple issues and deadlines
- Entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to build and maintain trusting relationships
- Dynamic, supportive, collaborative and willing team player