ABOUT THE JOB
FleishmanHillard’s Brussels office is seeking a Graduate Intern to support its Environment & Chemicals practice.
FleishmanHillard in Brussels is Europe’s leading EU public affairs and communications consultancy. We have an excellent track record of advising global corporations, trade associations and governments as they navigate regulatory, political and policy issues of substantial commercial and societal significance. Our approach hinges on close partnership, offering deep expertise and applying insight as well as creativity to our clients’ issues.
What you will do
- You will assist in the implementation of public affairs programmes for market-leading global accounts.
- Based on your daily monitoring of relevant information sources and reporting on key developments, you will assist with preparing draft reports, presentations and issue analysis relevant to our clients
- You will support the organisation of stakeholder events
Who you are
- You are a (post)graduate student following a programme in courses such as political science or business where there is a strong European focus
- You have good understanding of EU policymaking and a true interest in environment / chemicals sector
- You have basic knowledge of environment / chemicals sector and of policy issues most impacting that sector
- You have excellent oral and written communication in English; fluency in one or more other languages is a plus
- You are dedicated to delivering the highest standards of service
- You manage multiple issues and deadlines
- You have an entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem solving
- You build and maintain trusting relationships
- You are dynamic, supportive, collaborative and a willing team player
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK FOR US
Our Brussels’ FleishmanHillard team epitomises the best of Brussels in every way. With more than 20 nationalities and a huge variety of backgrounds, experience and skills, it’s a melting pot of energy, accuracy and creativity. The Environment and Chemicals Team makes up a big part of that. We’re a modern, hybrid workforce, based in Brussels and further afield, but we’re friends first and work colleagues second – and that culture is vital to our future.
You will be excited by the thought of
- An exciting consultant job in a dynamic firm that’s part of an international network
- An opportunity to work on some of the most critical issues impacting the future of the healthcare industry
- Having responsibilities of your own and objectives to deliver
- Continuous learning
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At FleishmanHillard Brussels, we value individuals for who they are, as they are. We are passionate about nurturing an inclusive environment characterised by mutual respect and understanding. FleishmanHillard Brussels is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. Our selection process reflects our commitments to equality of chances. You will not be required to share sensitive information that you are not comfortable sharing. Please let us know if you need any adjustments made during the interview process.
Development and Engagement
- You will get a smooth start by joining our 2 weeklong Induction programme to learn about our office, global network and teams.
- We are keen on Career Development – So join our trainings, language courses or any other development program that will help you grow personally & professionally and steer your career into the future you are planning.
- With an average of 93% overall office engagement, month after month, you will be part of a office that values its team members and their well-being.
A flexible hybrid working model
We encourage flexible working across three core dimensions: work from office, work from home and external events and meetings.
- Our modern and sustainable office in the heart of Brussels will always be our central meeting point and should drive collaboration, information exchange and collegiality. And yes, there are free fruit, coffee & drinks in the office.
- Event attendance to both gather intelligence and build a network is at the core of our business, as is face to face client interaction.
- Outside of work from office and external event and meeting attendance, you have the flexibility to work from home if you choose.
You want to work on public affairs and communications campaigns, and work in close partnership with clients as a trusted advisor? Then apply now by sending your CV and completing the questionnaire in the application.