Position Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced policy advisor with EU Parliament experience in financial services/economic affairs and/or digital policy experience, to join our established leading Financial Services & Technology practice in Brussels.
The role would entail advising clients on the implications of EU political and policy developments for their business and to develop communication and engagement strategies to navigate such developments.
FleishmanHillard Brussels is one of Europe’s leading EU public affairs and communications consultancies. Within our Brussels office, our Financial Services & Technology team consists of over 25 full-time consultants advising over 45 clients spanning banks, asset managers, insurance companies, pension funds, corporates, market infrastructures, data providers, Fintechs and other tech companies.
The role will include:
- Direct responsibility for providing day to day support and advice to a number of clients of the Financial Services & Technology practice as part of the relevant client teams
- Leading within the team on a number of specific financial services & digital policy issues
- Contributing to the definition and implementation of clients’ engagement
- Providing political and legislative insights in support of such engagement
- Advising on and implementing outreach programmes towards the European institutions and Member States
- Analysing political and policy developments issues and drafting tailored notes to clients on their potential implications for their business
The successful candidate will demonstrate
- Relevant professional experience in financial services & digital policy, including within the European Parliament
- Ability to grasp and communicate complex regulatory issues
- Strong grasp of the EU institutions and of the EU legislative and political process
- Ability to proactively contribute to the Financial Services & Technology team’s business growth
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Commitment to the highest standards of service delivery
- Ability to manage multiple issues and deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain trusting relationships
- Supportive, collaborative and willing team player
- Track record demonstrating an interest in economic and political issues
- Fluent English; fluency in one or more other languages is a plus
FleishmanHillard is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Our philosophy hinges on supportive team working and we look for individuals who are motivated by the opportunity to be part of a market-leading, high caliber and culturally rich group. FleishmanHillard’s reputation for quality, creativity, and results is what distinguishes us in our market.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please send your CV (Europass CVs are not accepted) and cover letter through our website: http://fleishmanhillard.com/careers/.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants. Any person who feels that he or she has been subjected to discrimination should immediately report the matter to Talent Development or to a supervisor.
Any reported incident will be investigated. Retaliation against an employee or applicant who makes a good-faith claim of discrimination is prohibited. Employees and applicants may bring good-faith complaints, ask questions, and raise concerns without fear of reprisal or retaliation.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.