ABOUT THE JOB
FleishmanHillard’s Brussels has an immediate opening for a management level Communications Professional to join this fast-growing practice and gain professional experience in EU public affairs communications.
FleishmanHillard in Brussels is Europe’s leading EU public affairs and communications consultancy. We have an excellent track record of advising blue-chip clients as they navigate regulatory, political and policy issues of substantial commercial and societal significance. Our approach hinges on the close partnership, offering deep expertise and applying insight as well as creativity to our client’s issues.
Our Brussels Integrated Communications and Reputation Management Team advises key global clients on communication strategies to help them enhance their positioning. As part of a wider team, we collaborate with colleagues across the office on their specific areas of expertise, including energy, healthcare, financial services, and technology, and we work with colleagues in other FleishmanHillard offices across Europe, the Middle East and Africa region as well as with key offices around the world.
What you will do
- Be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with clients and managing cross-office teams to ensure delivery of activity to a consistently high standard.
- Support in reviewing and driving client strategy forward, developing plans and spotting opportunities for organic and new client growth.
- Manage and direct communications strategy aiming to raise our client’s profile.
- Lead on a number of key projects and own the client relationship, budget and delivery timelines.
- Be a trusted advisor. Our clients want thought partnership, which means you need to know their issues as well as they do and offer smart strategic thinking to help them stay ahead of issues.
- Engage with traditional media and plan social media campaigns that shape and disseminate our client’s messages and leverage their different communications channels targeting EU policymakers and stakeholders’ ecosystems.
- Contributing to the management of client budgets, overseeing the client budget development, tracking, billing, and communications.
- Inspiring, mentoring and motivating junior team members to build a highly engaged and productive team.
- As a member of our practice, you will contribute to wider management activity, including business development, responding to external briefs and cross-practice identified opportunities, identifying opportunities for organic growth, and leading proposals and pitches.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of working experience in roles combining communications/media relations and project management. Ideally, this experience should be acquired working at communications consultancy/agencies or through EU institutions and trade associations.
- You are an experienced level advisor and project leader.
- You build and maintain trusting relationships.
- You have a good understanding of social and traditional media channels (international, EU and/or local).
- You have strong experience and knowledge in copywriting, proofreading and editing.
- You have an excellent storytelling approach.
- Strong business acumen and appreciation of the commercial impact of policy decisions
- You have a good understanding of agency financials and experience budgeting projects.
- You have an entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem-solving and business development.
- You are a dynamic team player and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- You have excellent oral and written communication in English; fluency in one or more other languages is a plus.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK FOR US
Our Brussels’ FleishmanHillard team epitomises the best of Brussels in every way. With more than 20 nationalities and a huge variety of backgrounds, experience and skills, it’s a melting pot of energy, accuracy and creativity. The Integrated Communications & Reputation Management Team makes up a big part of that. We’re a modern, hybrid workforce, based in Brussels and further afield, but we’re friends first and work colleagues second – and that culture is vital to our future.
You will be excited by the thought of
- An exciting consultant job in a dynamic firm that’s part of an international network
- Having responsibilities of your own and objectives to deliver
- Continuous learning
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At FleishmanHillard Brussels, we value individuals for who they are, as they are. We are passionate about nurturing an inclusive environment characterised by mutual respect and understanding. FleishmanHillard Brussels is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or age. Our selection process reflects our commitments to equality of chances. Please let us know if you need any adjustments made during the interview process.
Development and Engagement
- You will get a smooth start by joining our 2 week-long Induction programme to learn about our office, global network and teams.
- We are keen on Career Development – So join our trainings, language courses or any other development program that will help you grow personally & professionally and steer your career into the future you are planning.
- With an average of 93% overall office engagement, month after month, you will be part of an office that values its team members and their well-being.
A flexible hybrid working model
We encourage flexible working across three core dimensions: work from office, work from home and external events and meetings.
- Our modern and sustainable office in the heart of Brussels will always be our central meeting point and should drive collaboration, information exchange and collegiality. And yes, there are free fruit, coffee & drinks in the office.
- Event attendance to both gather intelligence and build a network is at the core of our business, as is face-to-face client interaction.
- Outside of work from the office and external events and meeting attendance, you have the flexibility to work from home if you choose.
You want to work on public affairs and communications campaigns, and work in close partnership with clients as a trusted advisor? Then apply now by sending your CV and completing the questionnaire in the application form.