FleishmanHillard is one of the largest communications agencies in the world. We are currently seeking an intern to work our dynamic European Union headquarters in Brussels.
FleishmanHillard in Brussels is Europe’s leading EU public affairs and communications consultancy. We have an excellent track record of advising blue chip clients as they navigate regulatory, political and policy issues of substantial commercial and societal significance.
We advise our clients on the implications of legislative and other policy developments for their organisations, and develop strategies that help them meet their objectives and enhance their positioning. Our approach hinges on close partnership, offering deep expertise and applying insight as well as creativity to our clients’ issues.
The FleishmanHillard team in Brussels epitomises the best of Brussels in every way. With over 17 nationalities and a huge variety of backgrounds, experience and skills, it’s a melting pot of energy, accuracy and creativity. The Integrated Comms and Reputation Team makes up a big part of that creativity. We’re a modern, hybrid workforce, based in Brussels and further afield, but we’re friends first and work colleagues second – and that culture is vital to our future.
FH Studio is our inhouse team of creative content producers. We love great design, compelling video, shareable content and publications you can’t help but pick up. But what we love the most is turning this passion for visuals into powerful creative work that elevates an organisation’s message.
Our studio team is made up of designers, social strategists, campaign strategists, copywriters, and project managers. We are passionate about creativity and harnessing its power to bring our clients’ stories to life. Everything we do is grounded in strategy, combining creativity and technology with expertise.
The internship will provide great opportunities to further career skills including:
- Working in a multinational and dynamic office of one of the world’s largest communications agencies. Being a full member of our design team exposed to all aspects of creative design and consultancy
- Being fully immersed in an lively and creative environment to apply your skills in a wide variety of design projects
Produce a variety of design outputs and documentation across a range of projects, demonstrating creativity and a flair for design
- Collaborate in brainstorming and idea generation meetings
- Conceptualise, design & execute offine & online assets including website buttons,newsletters, banners and infographics
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of web content (including creating and uploading web optimised images, making updates with HTML/CSS and PHP)
- Support quality and consistency across online creative
- Create digital image assets, email marketing programs, online advertising, along with creating assets for client blogs and social media outlets
- Assist with image retouching and editing
The programme is aimed at students in courses such as multimedia or digital design.
An ideal candidate should have:
- A “can-do” approach to life and the ability to produce work to high standard, including attention to detail
- An interest in European affairs
- Technical competence in use of MAC and PC systems
- Experience in using design software such as,
- Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and the entire Adobe CC Suite.
- Proficiency in using online design and media resources such as photo libraries
- Excellent knowledge of WordPress, PowerPoint and Excel
- Initiative and creative flare
- The capacity to deal with conflicting priorities, work under pressure and deliver for deadlines
- Excellent communication skills; able to explain how the design meets the brief
- An ability to work in an innovative environment, with a proactive and multi-cultural team
Our philosophy hinges on supportive team working and we look for individuals who are motived by the opportunity to be part of a market-leading, high caliber and culturally rich group. FleishmanHillard’s reputation for quality, creativity, and results is the foundation of our distinguished status in the industry.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please submit your portfolio, CV and a letter of motivation.