Design Intern, FH Studio Public Affairs Consultancy, Brussels
ABOUT THE JOB
FleishmanHillard’s Brussels is looking for a Design Intern to join our FH Studio team to deliver outstanding creative services and solutions.
FleishmanHillard in Brussels is Europe’s leading EU public affairs and communications consultancy. We have an excellent track record of advising global corporations, trade associations and governments as they navigate regulatory, political and policy issues of substantial commercial and societal significance. We advise our clients on the implications of legislative and other policy developments for their organisations, and develop advocacy strategies that help them meet their objectives and enhance their positioning. Our approach hinges on close partnership, offering deep expertise and applying insight as well as creativity to our clients’ issues.
The FH Studio is our inhouse team of creative content producers. We love great design, compelling video, shareable content and publications you can’t help but pick up. But what we love the most is turning this passion for visuals into powerful creative work that elevates an organisation’s message.
What you will do
- You will produce a variety of design outputs and documentation across a range of projects, demonstrating creativity and a flair for design
- You will collaborate in brainstorming and idea generation meetings
- You will conceptualize, design & execute offline & online assets including website buttons, newsletters, banners and infographics
- You will support quality and consistency across online creative
- You will create digital image assets, email marketing programs, online advertising, along with creating assets for client blogs and social media outlets
- You will assist with image retouching and editing
Who you are
- You have a “can-do” approach to life and the ability to produce work to high standard, including attention to detail
- You have an interest in European affairs
- You have technical competence in use of MAC and PC systems
- You have experience in using design software such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and the entire Adobe CC Suite
- You have basic knowledge in video editing and animation using Adobe after Effects/Adobe Premiere
- You are proficient in using online design and media resources such as photo libraries
- You have excellent knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- You can deal with conflicting priorities, work under pressure and deliver for deadlines
- You have excellent communication skills; able to explain how the design meets the brief
- You can work in an innovative environment, with a proactive and multi-cultural team
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK FOR US
Our Brussels’ FleishmanHillard team epitomises the best of Brussels in every way. With more than 20 nationalities and a huge variety of backgrounds, experience and skills, it’s a melting pot of energy, accuracy and creativity. The FH Studio Team makes up a big part of that. We’re a modern, hybrid workforce, based in Brussels and further afield, but we’re friends first and work colleagues second – and that culture is vital to our future.
You will be excited by the thought of
- An exciting job in a dynamic firm that’s part of an international network
- Having responsibilities of your own and objectives to deliver
- Continuous learning
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At FleishmanHillard Brussels, we value individuals for who they are, as they are. We are passionate about nurturing an inclusive environment characterised by mutual respect and understanding. FleishmanHillard Brussels is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. Our selection process reflects our commitments to equality of chances. You will not be required to share sensitive information that you are not comfortable sharing. Please let us know if you need any adjustments made during the interview process.
Development and Engagement
- You will get a smooth start by joining our 2 week-long Induction programme to learn about our office, global network and teams.
- We are keen on Career Development – So join our trainings, language courses or any other development program that will help you grow personally & professionally and steer your career into the future you are planning.
- With an average of 93% overall office engagement, month after month, you will be part of an office that values its team members and their well-being.
A flexible hybrid working model
We encourage flexible working across three core dimensions: work from office, work from home and external events and meetings.
- Our modern and sustainable office in the heart of Brussels will always be our central meeting point and should drive collaboration, information exchange and collegiality. And yes, there are free fruit, coffee & drinks in the office.
- Event attendance to both gather intelligence and build a network is at the core of our business, as is face to face client interaction.
- Outside of work from office and external event and meeting attendance, you have the flexibility to work from home if you choose.
You want to work on public affairs and communications campaigns, and work in close partnership with clients as a trusted advisor? Then apply now by sending your CV and completing the questionnaire in the application.