ABOUT THE JOB
FleishmanHillard in Brussels is Europe’s leading EU public affairs and communications consultancy. We have an excellent track record of advising global corporations, trade associations and governments as they navigate regulatory, political and policy issues of substantial commercial and societal significance. Our approach hinges on close partnership, offering deep expertise and applying insight as well as creativity to our clients’ issues.
Our Brussels Environment & Chemicals Team works with clients; specifically, we advise these clients on the implications of EU public policy for their organisations and develop and implement advocacy and communication strategies to help them enhance their positioning. As part of a wider team, we collaborate with colleagues across the office on their specific areas of expertise including energy, healthcare, financial services, and technology, and we work with colleagues in other FleishmanHillard offices across the Europe, Middle East and Africa region as well as with key offices around the world.
We are looking for an energetic, self-starting public affairs and communications professional with 3 – 5 years of relevant experience – particularly in the field of Chemicals – to join our expanding Environment & Chemicals Team.
Who you are
- 3 – 5 years of working experience relating to EU level Environment & Chemicals policy or a linked area, acquired by working with the EU institutions, in-house or through a consultancy firm.
- You have an excellent understanding of the EU institutions and political dynamics
- You have strong business acumen and appreciation of the commercial impact of policy decisions
- You have a good understanding of / network within the Environment & Chemicals industry
- You have excellent capability as an advisor, including first class communication and writing skills
- You have an entrepreneurial approach to client servicing and business development
- You can solve problems and exercise excellent judgment with the ability to think ‘outside of the box.’
- You understand agency financials and experience budgeting projects.
- You can formulate successful, influential public affairs campaign and stakeholder communications strategies
- You are a dynamic team player and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to offer high-level advice on the spot
What you will do
- Manage and direct a number of public affairs and communications campaigns, and work in close partnership with clients as a trusted advisor.
- Actively participate in wider management activity including business development and pitching, as well as people management.
- Support other members of the environment & chemicals practice in servicing our client base in this sector
- Assist in structuring the chemicals cluster
- Assist in outreach to policy makers, stakeholders and the media
- Assist in marketing activities for the environment & chemicals practice
- Proactively network through attending relevant events
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK FOR US
Our Brussels’ FleishmanHillard team epitomises the best of Brussels in every way. With more than 20 nationalities and a huge variety of backgrounds, experience and skills, it’s a melting pot of energy, accuracy and creativity. The Chemicals and Environment Team makes up a big part of that. We’re a modern, hybrid workforce, based in Brussels and further afield, but we’re friends first and work colleagues second – and that culture is vital to our future.
You will be excited by the thought of
- An exciting consultant job in a dynamic firm that’s part of an international network
- Having responsibilities of your own and objectives to deliver
- Continuous learning
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At FleishmanHillard Brussels, we value individuals for who they are, as they are. We are passionate about nurturing an inclusive environment characterised by mutual respect and understanding. FleishmanHillard Brussels is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. Our selection process reflects our commitments to equality of chances. You will not be required to share sensitive information that you are not comfortable sharing. Please let us know if you need any adjustments made during the interview process.
Development and Engagement
- You will get a smooth start by joining our 2 week long Induction programme to learn about our office, global network and teams.
- We are keen on Career Development – So join our trainings, language courses or any other development program that will help you grow personally & professionally and steer your career into the future you are planning.
- With an average of 93% overall office engagement, month after month, you will be part of a office that values its team members and their well-being.
A flexible hybrid working model
We encourage flexible working across three core dimensions: work from office, work from home and external events and meetings.
- Our modern and sustainable office in the heart of Brussels will always be our central meeting point and should drive collaboration, information exchange and collegiality. And yes, there are free fruit, coffee & drinks in the office.
- Event attendance to both gather intelligence and build a network is at the core of our business, as is face to face client interaction.
- Outside of work from office and external event and meeting attendance, you have the flexibility to work from home if you choose.
You want to work on public affairs and communications campaigns, and work in close partnership with clients as a trusted advisor? Then apply now by sending your CV and completing the questionnaire in the application form.