FleishmanHillard’s Brussels office is seeking a graduate intern to support its Technology practice.
FleishmanHillard is one of the world’s leading public affairs and communications groups, with over 80 offices worldwide. FleishmanHillard in Brussels is one of Europe’s leading EU public affairs and communications consultancy. We have an excellent track record of advising blue chip clients as they navigate regulatory, political and policy issues of substantial commercial and societal significance. Our approach hinges on close partnership, offering deep expertise and applying insight as well as creativity to our clients’ issues.
Our Technology practice works with both tech and other sector clients in a variety of policy fields related to Europe’s digital policy agendat, notably platform regulation and competition, data, privacy, artificial intelligence, cloud, cyber security and consumer affairs. We advise clients on the implications of legislative and political developments for their organisations, and develop advocacy and reputation management strategies that help them enhance their positioning. As part of a wider team we collaborate with colleagues across the office on their specific sector areas of expertise including health, financial services, environment and energy policy, and we work with colleagues in other FleishmanHillard offices across our EMEA and Global network.
We are looking for a candidate interested in the Technology sector, to join this established practice and gain professional experience in EU public affairs. The successful candidate will assist in the implementation of public affairs and other types of client support strategies. Based on his/her daily monitoring of relevant information sources and reporting on key developments, he/she will assist with preparing draft reports, presentations and issue analysis relevant to our clients, as well as with the day to day concrete administrative support of the team.
- 6-month paid stage, with an opportunity to convert as full time Account Executive, depending on performance
- Starting date: asap
- We are considering graduate students who are finishing either an internship or their master at university in courses such as political science or business where there is a strong European focus
- Basic understanding of the tech sector and of EU policymaking and key current geo-political challenges
Skills & Competencies required
- Strong interest in technology and digital transformation and for learning about policy issues most impacting that sector, especially platforms and data
- Excellent oral and written communication in English is a must; fluency in one or more other languages is a plus
- Commitment to the highest standards of service delivery
- Ability to manage multiple issues and deadlines
- Entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to build and maintain trusting relationships
- Dynamic, supportive, collaborative and willing team player
- Political savviness