Position Overview and Responsibilities
The Brussels office of FleishmanHillard is looking for an energetic, self-starting senior public affairs and communications professional with a deep background in chemicals and environment policy, and public affairs experience to join our team.
This senior advisor will work closely with our 10 strong Environment and Chemicals team to act as a primary advisor for key clients, contribute to the leadership of the team, and drive business development efforts.
Our practice works with clients in a variety of fields including chemicals, environment, transport, consumer goods and ICT sectors. Specifically, we advise these clients on the implications of environmental legislative developments for their organisations, and develop advocacy strategies that help them enhance their positioning. As part of a wider team we collaborate with colleagues across the office on their specific areas of expertise including energy, transport, health, financial services and technology policy, and we work with colleagues in other FleishmanHillard offices across our EMEA and Global network.
Experience & skills required:
Candidates will have deep working experience (at least 10 years) relating to EU level chemicals and environment areas. This experience should ideally be acquired working with the EU institutions, in-house or through a consultancy firm.
The successful candidate will have:
- An excellent understanding of the EU institutions and political dynamics
- Strong business acumen and appreciation of the commercial impact of policy decisions
- A strong understanding of / network within the chemicals and environment industrial and regulatory community
- Excellent capability as an advisor, including first class communication and writing skills
- An entrepreneurial approach to client servicing and business development
- Ability to solve problems and exercise excellent judgment with the ability to think ‘outside of the box.’
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines without sacrificing quality, maintain good client relationships and deliver outstanding results.
- Understanding of agency financials and experience budgeting projects.
- Professional, proactive and committed to high standards in the quality of the communications product.
- Existing relationships with business, chemicals and environment and political trade media, and well-developed-skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships.
- Existing relationships with applicable trade associations, think tanks and thought leaders in the chemicals and environment space
- Experience and understanding of the transport sector also an asset
Our philosophy hinges on supportive team working and we look for individuals who are motived by the opportunity to be part of a market-leading, high caliber and culturally rich group. FleishmanHillard’s reputation for quality, creativity, and results is what distinguishes us in our market.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity please send your CV (Europass cv’s are not accepted) and motivation letter via our website: http://fleishmanhillard.com/careers/.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.