Position Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced financial services policy professional with a strong interest in EU policy-making and strong knowledge of the sector, to join an established leading practice in Brussels.
FleishmanHillard in Brussels is one of Europe’s leading EU public affairs and communications consultancies. We have an excellent track record of advising blue chip clients as they navigate regulatory, political and reputational issues of substantial commercial and societal significance. Our approach hinges on close partnership; offering deep expertise and applying insight as well as creativity to our clients’ issues.
Within our Brussels office, our Financial Services team consists of over 20 full-time consultants advising over 30 clients spanning banks, investors, insurance companies, corporates, market infrastructures, data providers and financial analysts. Specifically, we advise on the implications of policy developments for their organisations, and develop engagement strategies that help them meet their objectives.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
The role will include:
- Direct responsibility for providing day to day support and advice to a number of clients of the Financial Services practice as part of the relevant client teams
- Leading within the team on a number of specific financial services sectoral issues
- Contributing to the definition and implementation of clients’ engagement
- Providing political and regulatory insights in support of such engagement
- Advising and implementing outreach programmes towards the European institutions and Member States
- Analysing issues and drafting tailored notes to clients on their potential implications
- Proactively networking through attending relevant public and private sector events
- 3 to 5 years professional experience in financial services policy
- Ability to grasp and communicate complex financial regulatory issues
- Strong grasp of the EU institutions and of the EU legislative and political process
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Commitment to the highest standards of service delivery
- Ability to manage multiple issues and deadlines.
- Ability to build and maintain trusting relationships
- Supportive, collaborative and willing team player
- Track record demonstrating interest in economic and political issues
- Fluent English; fluency in one or more other languages is a plus.
Our philosophy hinges on supportive team working and we look for individuals who are motivated by the opportunity to be part of a market-leading, high calibre and culturally rich group.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV (Europass cv is not accepted) and motivation letter through our website: http://fleishmanhillard.com/careers/
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2017; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.